The African BIB has establish generally acceptable screening and evaluation criteria that entrepreneurs, business and SMEs can use as a benchmark, incrementally building social capital and trust mechanisms that are required for fostering entrepreneurship and growth.
• Offers possibilities to increased exposure and enhanced chances of acquiring much needed capital from
investors, as long as key modalities are met.
• Exposure of emerging African entrepreneurs and their ideas to the investment community
• Increased transparency and better information supply to comply with internationally accepted standards
and evaluation criteria that reduce the transaction costs
• Creating locally adapted standards against which SMMEs can benchmark their performance
• Provide medium to acquire business information that will allow African business compete locally and globally.